Test your knowledge now!
Not seeing the Quiz?
Try clearing your browser’s cookies for this site
or open the quiz in a different browser.
- Salkeld DJ, Leonhard S, Girard YA, et al. Identifying the reservoir hosts of the Lyme disease spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi in California: the role of the western gray squirrel (Sciurus griseus). Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008; 79(4):535-40. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2592199/pdf/nihms78754.pdf
- https://questdiagnostics.com/dms/Documents/health-trends/Quest_LymeDiseaseTrendsReport_2018.pdf, accessed December 31, 2018.
- Kugeler K. et al. Geographic Distribution and Expansion of Human Lyme Disease, United States. Emerging Infectious Diseases 21(8), August 2015, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2108.141878
- https://www.ajmc.com/contributor/robin-gelburd-jd/2017/07/a-window-into-lyme-disease-using-private-claims-data, accessed December 31, 2018.
- https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-lyme-disease, accessed December 31, 2018.
- Larsen AE, MacDonald AJ, Plantinga AJ. Lyme disease risk influences human settlement in the wildland-urban interface: evidence from a longitudinal analysis of counties in the northeastern United States. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2014;91(4):747-55. doi: 10.4269/ajtmh.14-0181
- https://qz.com/441583/lyme-disease-is-spreading-faster-than-ever-and-humans-are-partly-to-blame/, accessed December 31, 2018.
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/transmission/index.html, accessed December 31, 2018.
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/diagnosistesting/index.html, accessed December 31, 2018.
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/signs_symptoms/index.html, accessed January 2, 2019.
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/diagnosistesting/labtest/twostep/index.html, accessed January 2, 2019.
- Pegalajar-Jurado A. et al. Evaluation of Modified Two-Tiered Testing Algorithms for Lyme Disease Laboratory Diagnosis Using Well-Characterized Serum Samples. Jour of Clin Micro Jul 2018, 56(8) e01943-17; https://jcm.asm.org/content/56/8/e01943-17
- Hinckley, A. et al.; Lyme Disease Testing by Large Commercial Laboratories in the United States, Clinical Infectious Diseases 2014;59(5):676-681 https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciu397
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/diagnosistesting/labtest/twostep/eia/index.html, viewed January 2, 2019.
- https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/diagnosistesting/labtest/twostep/westernblot/index.html, viewed January 2, 2019.
LaboratoryDevelopedTests/default.htm, viewed January 2, 2019.
- CDC. Notice to Readers: Caution Regarding Testing for Lyme Disease. MMWR 2005;54(05) 125. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5405a6.htm
- Berndtson, K. Review of evidence for immune evasion and persistent infection in Lyme disease. Int J Gen Med 2013:6 291-306. doi: 10.2147/IJGM.S44114
- https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis/Other-Conditions-to-Rule-Out, viewed January 2, 2019.
- http://iacfsme.org/portals/0/pdf/Primer_Post_2014_conference.pdf, viewed January 2, 2019.
- https://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Fibromyalgia, visited January 2, 2019.
- Wolfe F. et al. The American College of Rheumatology Preliminary Diagnostic Criteria for Fibromyalgia and Measurement of Symptom Severity. Arthritis Care & Research 2010;62(5):600-610. https://www.rheumatology.org/Portals/0/Files/2010_Preliminary_Diagnostic_Criteria.pdf
- Womack J. and Jimenez, M. Common Questions About Infectious Mononucleosis. Am Fam Phys 2015;92(6):372-376. https://www.aafp.org/afp/2015/0315/p372.html